Tuesday 23 October 2007

Road Trip 2

Firstly, apologies for a wee break from blogland ... a recharge of batteries and time-out was needed!

On Sunday 3 friends and I got together for lunch and decided to go to a great pub for something to eat in nearby Stirling. If you haven't ever been to the 'Portcullis' I can strongly reccommend a wee visit ... just be warned ... don't eat anything for 24 hours beforehand as the chef doesn't believe in small portions! The Portcullis is right ot the foot of Stirling Castle esplanade ...



After lunch, a laugh and a glass of something fruity we were off again on a magical mystery tour. I said I wanted a beach (why when it was freezing and blowing a force 10 gale I have no idea) but, I usually get what I want :o) hahahaha .. so off we set.

The next known landmark I saw was a place in Glasgow called Milngavie - pronounced "malguy" and then into Taggart territory ("...there's been a murder!" - lmfao .. some of you may have to google good old Taggart!) and then round and about Glasgow. I reminded 'T' the driver, that I wanted a beach, so we headed for Ayr ... the roundabout route hahaha

On the way down the road 'K' and I remembered a place called Nardinis in Largs, so it was off to Largs for a lovely Italian coffee and a famous Nardinis ice-cream. 'T' told me that I had arrived at my "beach" ... LMFAO ... pebbles ffs ... pebbles does not constitute a beach FFS!!!

We then headed through Ardrossan, Saltcoats (or the other way around - I can never remember) Troon, Ayr, Turnberry, Newton Stewart, Castle Douglas (stopped for a late dinner) Dumfries, Lockerbie and then back to Stirling and then home!!



Over 10 hours later and I arrived back to the comfort of my wee abode. We did have a cheeky layby "relief" stop .. god I ain't usually a layby-stop-point-pee type of chappy .. but needs must! hahaha The 2 female friends were very jealous of the two males in the car .. was a bit more of an ordeal for them PMSL!!

Until the next time ........

PS .. there were lots of piccys for this trip but my pc is playing up and doesn't like them! :o(

8 comments:

His Girl Friday said...

'I usually get what I want'...cheeky!! ;))

you guys definitely have it made, when it comes to those necessary, and inconvenient stops!!! so unfair!!! ;))

sounds like you had a great time!! thanks for the map, gives a better idea of your trek!!

MarmiteToasty said...

Lay-by wee stop?? was ya never taught how to piddle in a coke bottle while in a moving car? lol

Wow the trip looks great, envious or what...... and I LOVE WINTER BEACHES...... welcome back.....

x

His Girl Friday said...

Hi MT,

you sound like you speak from experience!!! Styrofoam coffee cups work just as well!! LOL :D

Winter Beaches are the Best!! :))

Scots said...

I am a bit of a romantic and I agree .. I love winter beaches ... all smuggled up in a warm coat and scarf, walking on the beach ... gorgeous ... but being on a beach means you HAVE to wear sunglasses hahaha ... we looked a right sight! pmsl

His Girl Friday said...

Funny about the sunglasses...I didn't think of that! Aroung here they're a must (as well as a hat with visor) :/ :)

Pam said...

i don't like winter beaches...anything under 78 degrees is too cold for me lol but the trip seemed lovely....that castle looks totally fun to explore. one day...i will see scotland *sigh*

hell, as kids when we road trips, ya just got out and squatted by the side of your car lol well, for guys it's a lot easier.

btw guys can't literally pee on themselves laughing can they? damn men have longer urinary tracts...the minute women cough, sneeze, laugh hard, it could be an accident waiting to happen. nearing the older yrs means i may have to buy stock in Depends lmao

newplanet said...

What?????? You were in Saltcoats AND Troon and you didn't tell me??????

::runs away crying::

Scots said...

was that, crying with delight - cause you had been saved? hee hee

well, next time I'll not miss you! mwah ha ha ha ha <<< evil laugh ;)