Wednesday, 29 August 2007
Sunday, 26 August 2007
My little bro and his wife have both just passed their motorbike licences and have just taken delivery of a new Harley-Davidson to add to their collection of motor vehicles.
A few years ago his wife bought him a Vespa scooter for his 25th birthday. Now that he is 30 he's obviously outgrown the scooter (although why you need it when you have a 4x4 and a Porsche I don't know) and they have bought this motorbike.
Now, me and my ignorance!!! I though all Harleys were the type you see with the Hells Angels on sitting in the "legs out front" position. How stupid was I. I have looked up the bike and here it is ... the Harley Davidson Sportster Low 883
I am not a bike person so it means little to me! It is a gorgeous bike don't get me wrong, but I prefer the comfort of my car with the soft seats, music system, aircon, heaters etc etc and getting togged up in leathers to sweat my nuts off or driving in the pissing rain getting soaked, or driving and getting flies in my gob just aint my idea of fun!
Thursday, 23 August 2007
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
The Right Reverend Scots the Haunted of Helions Bumpstead
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title
I seem to be a man of the cloth? lol
I am gonna ease myself back into things lol and steal ... erm .. borrow this from newplanet ... the "I look like" meme ... here goes -
James looks like a walking suitcase ... eh???
James looks like he wants to do me. I'm not gay but James is so cool I might consider the offer anyway. pmsl ..
James looks like a muppet
James looks like he could be James Blunt's long lost brother
James looks like a man!! A really hot man!! I agree Graham btw ... this is all true ... well nearly all :o) Not sure about #2
James looks like a man of action!
James looks like he's made of light grey plastic
James looks like someone I know
James looks like a creepy librarian ... lmao
James looks like Chad Michael Murray
James looks like he might be wearing a tracksuit .. hahahahaha
James looks like a young Russell Crowe
James looks like a film out of the 1980's
James looks like rich and promising material
James looks like he's about to cry
James looks like a dork. Well, he looks pretty damn hot for a guy in a pink ruffled shirt I suppose
James looks like Quasimodo ... cheeky bast*rds
James looks like the king of rock and roll
James looks like Vin Diesel .... pmsl
James looks like a nerd... I would kick him in the shin and take his pumpkin pastie
James looks like a Weasley with his face as freckly as the clan
James looks like a college Prof.
James looks like he's been wearing those bleachy trays on his teeth
James looks like a sensible choice for the party
James looks like Gerrard! ... film stars, musicians and now a footballer ... heehee
James looks like an old pro ....hahahah pmsl
Think I'll leave it there lol
Well, well, well ... this sure made my mood lighten and cheered me up LOADS ... Chad Michael Murray, Russell Crowe, Vin Diesel, Gerrard, James Blunts brother ????? hahahaha
I'd kick the bu**er back who was gonna be nicking my pumpkin pastie though!!
Friday, 10 August 2007
If only I had known about this all those years ago when I worked in a hotel entertaining and looking after kids - I hated Mary Poppins by the time I was finished there and went to uni - this would have saved me many hours watching the same movie over and over and over again!
I now see Mary Poppins as a bit of a dark, evil, nasty instead of the usual warm, fuzzy, loveable!
Wednesday, 8 August 2007
This is a couple of wee funnies that I found whilst trawling through youtube. Harry Enfield was never something that caught my eye when I was younger but looking at the sketches now brings a smile to my face!
Ladies ...... please take this with the humour in which it was posted LOL
Women drivers eh!?!
Tuesday, 7 August 2007
Teaching has to be one of the most rewarding careers around! I have been teaching primary school kids (aged 5 - 12) for the past 11 years in some fantastic schools. Some of the schools have been in very challenging and deprived areas but this has made the job even better.
I have had my fair share of kids swearing at me, throwing chairs and desks at me, sticking up the fingers, threatening parents (one with an German Shepherd dog at my classroom door) and a whole host of nasties ...... but the good always outweigh the bad. Sure I have thought about jacking the whole lot in - but then all it takes is one single kid to say something to you as they pass in the corridor and I have forgotten all the crap and I'm all singing and dancing again!
I think I was a good class teacher, the parents and kids certainly thought so and as I was promoted I guess my bosses though so too. I went from the newest member of staff in the school to the 2nd in charge! I feel my head growing already!! ha ha ha
Now, after a move to a new school, new local authority and a new promotion I don't get into the classrooms often enough to teach much :o( I have to spend too much time in my office dealing with paperwork, the authority, admin issues, budgets etc etc etc The good thing about this though (every cloud has a silver lining) I get to work with some of the most angry kids [that was NOT a typo] who can't stay in a class too long before causing a whole heap of trouble and disruption. These are the kids who need that extra time to build a trust before they can achieve their full potential - that's where I come in.
Some of the "playground hard lads" who end up at my office because they have been fighting, or been disruptive etc etc have a tale to tell and some are desperate for an adult to just listen to them and not to judge them. Some of these kids have gone through more in their 12 years of life than I have in my 33. I take the time to chat, offer the olive branch, give them a chance to get out of the corner they've backed themselves into, be honest and build up a mutual respect and trust.
I had spent a great deal of last year working with one lad who has deep issues that he eventually opened up to me about. That particular morning was very emotional and he cried for over an hour, I shed a few tears myself but he said that he wouldn't tell anyone I was a "crybaby" flashing a cheeky smile, if I didn't tell about him - through all the emotion he still had a sense of humour! He hadn't spoken to anyone else about this but felt that, after a few months of chatting and listening, he could open up to me. We worked hard together and got through a difficult year. He has now left to go to secondary school and I have had meetings with the staff there to make sure all the support he needs is in place for him after the holidays. He is one lad I am extremely proud of.
My Gran keeps asking when I'm going to get married and have kids - I keep telling her that I already have over 200 kids but I am in the enviable position of handing them all back at 3pm hahahahaha
Jeezo .... anyways .... I got a lovely letter delivered from his parents thanking me for my "kindness and patience" all year with 'X' and for building a "trusting relationship". I had a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye when reading the rest of the letters contents. I worked with the kid because I could see through the bravado and tough image and see a cry for help - NOT for praise and recognition! Thank god the rest of the kids don't know about this blog or my tough reputation would be in tatters!! hahahaha. Being one of only two males in the school has it's advantages, even the 'pushiest' kids tred wearily LOL (that was not meant to sound sexist btw)
Teaching young kids is a priviledge! To those teachers who complain, stifle creativity, over burden children and stamp out enthusiasm (sadly I see too many teachers like this) - Get out of our schools, give yourself a rest and give our kids the best chance in life! Education is about being fun and enjoyable, it's about motivated children who take an active interest and who become independent learners ... It's NOT about "chalk and talk" - thankfully those days are long gone.
Sunday, 5 August 2007
Today was the opening parade for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and as I have done for a few years now, I met up with mates and headed off on the train to watch the parade and soak up the atmosphere.
When I left the ghetto it was a nice sunny morning, when I got off the train in Edinburgh - dressed in a summer shirt, 3/4 length shorts and trainers - it was pissing down with rain! Now I would NEVER say that I was fashion conscious BUT I was NOT going to wear a bloody plastic poncho which seemed to be the height of fashion with the tourists sheltering from the rain. Me .... well ... let's just say that I am glad skin is waterproof beacuse the rest of my clothing wasn't LMAO. I was certainly soaking up something and it wasn't just the atmosphere!
The parade was excelllent as usual but I wish that some of the acts WOULDN'T parade down Princes Street. Belly dancers may do it for some but certainly not for me!!! There was a large crowd of South American lads behind me and they were having a ball shouting and cheering and having a competition to gather/collect as many of the festival beads as they could. This attracted the BBC tv cameras but alas ... I am not famous - I've just seen the BBC news and the shot was about 5 people too far to my left - typical!
My tickets are booked for a great comedy show next Saturday night and we are all looking forward to a couple of wee drinks at as many pubs/bars as possible before and after the show .... it has to be done!
A small aside - The Lady Boys of Bangkok - if these are the 'most convincing transvestites' .. then I am the Pope! OMG ... this years lot were better and more convincing than last years shockers but sheesh ..... these lads are obviously not looking in the mirror!
Thursday, 2 August 2007
2. Taken a shower with someone? Yes
3. Kissed a member of the same sex? Mucking about …. yes … serious .. no
4. Driven a car? Yes and missing my last one …. Should never have gotten rid!
5. Stolen anything? When I was v v young but my mum found out and took me back to the shop to apologise
6. Been in love? Yes
7. Been dumped? By mutual agreement LOL
8. Stole money from a family member? No
9. Gotten in a car with people you just met? Nope … apart from taxi drivers lol
10. Been in a fist fight? Once at school pmsl .. as a pupil btw
11. Snuck out of your/someone’s house? Nope
12. Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back? Yes … sadly
13. Been arrested? Hell NO!!!! Have been frisked by a bobby in Glasgow though ... little git only looked about 16 - on a power trip me thinks lol
14. Hugged a stranger? Yip … aint that what New Year is all about?
15. Met up with a member of the opposite sex somewhere? Yes
16. Left your house with out telling your parents? Erm … yes .. have my own place and have done for many years!! LOL
17. Had a crush on your neighbour? Feck NO!
18. Ditched school to do something more fun? As a pupil, yes lol
19. Slept in a bed with a member of the opposite sex? Yes
20. Lost a friend in a shop? Erm … I don’t think so
21. Been on a plane? Yip, quite a few, even jumped outta a perfectly good one at 10,000 feet lol
22. Been to an island? Sure have
23. Slept in until 3? That’s what school holidays are for!
24. Miss someone right now? Erm … yeah
25. Laid on your back and watched cloud shapes go by? Love making things outta clouds pmsl
26. Made a snow angel? When it snows :o)
27. Played dress up? Too often!! lmao
28. Cheated while playing a game? Don’t we all?
29. Been lonely? Yes
30. Kissed more than 4 people in one night? Ain’t that what New Year is all about too? lol
33. Touched a snake? Never felt the need :o)
34. Ran a red light? Erm …. I confess .. Yes a few times … by mistake of course!
35. Been suspended from school? Nope …. I do the suspending now though! mwahhahahaha
36. Had detention? Yes .. Mr Winters my maths teacher … git!
37. Been in a car accident? Yes … just a wee one though .. and the KILLER BUNNY incident pmsl
39. Used a fake id? Never needed it
40. Crawled through a window? At Uni Halls, yes lol
41. Been lost? A few times
42. Been to the opposite side of the country? Been all over (no smart comments please!)
44. Cried yourself to sleep? Nope
47. Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? Yes … I am weak! lol
48. Laughed until something u were drinking came out ur nose? Yes … and most embarrassingly in a full lecture theatre :o) Tracey – your fault (slurp slurp!)
49. Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Aww .. yeah
50. Kissed in the rain? Nope … hide inside in the dry … but how romantic
51. Sang in the shower? Depends what mood I am in
52. Had sex in a park? Nope
53. Had a dream that you married someone? Nope
54. Glued your hand to something? Erm, no …. What fool does that!
55. Got your tongue stuck to a flag pole? PMSL … nope but I have a great story about the flag pole and naked dancing round it PMSL
56. Ever gone to school partially naked? Partially naked? Have been completely naked but that was in the showers after PE lol
57. Been a cheerleader? lmao hell NO - all those pom poms and ra ra skirts pmsl
58. Had more than ten boy/gal friends? You calling me a slag?
59. Didn't take a shower for a week? Minging! I like my showers ;-)
60. Ever too scared to watch scary movies alone? I crapped myself watching The Shining for the first time in Uni Halls (old mansion with long dark corridors) LOL
61. Played chicken? Erm .... don’t think so
62. Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes Yes!!! Numerous times – bastards! LOL
63. Been told you're hot by a complete stranger? Yeah .. she had a white stick though!
64. Broken a bone? Nope
65. Been easily amused? All the time
66. Laugh so hard you cry? Many times lmao
67. Mooned/flashed someone? Erm .. ((blushing)) both! hahahaha
68. Cheated on a test? Probably … okay … Yes!!!
69. Forgotten someone's name? I do that too often … sorry peeps lol
71. Done something dumb while drunk? Feck yes ….. but this ain’t the time or place LOL
73. Blacked out from drinking? I can hold my drink!
74. Played a prank on someone? All the time lol … only a couple have backfired
75. Gone to a late night movie? Went to one with a group of mates … and found it to be pure filth hahaha .. there was a shifty guy in the row behind us with a long mac making weird noises ha ha ha ha
76. Made love to anything not human? Ewwwww minging … NOPE!
77. Failed a class? No
78. Choked on something you're not supposed to eat? HA HA HA HA
79. Smoked pot? Nope
80. Cheated on a boy/ girl friend? That’s just wrong!
81. Celebrate the 4th of July? Why would I do that?
82. Thrown strange objects? Yes
83. Felt like killing someone? Kill? No .. seriously hurt … yes LOL
84. Thought about running away? I did as a youngster and packed stuff in a suitcase that I couldn’t even carry …. So didn’t bother
86. Got a piercing? Nope
89. Made a parent cry? My mum … I didn’t call her on my first night away from home at Uni
90. Cried over someone? Yes
91. Kept somebody else's clothes you borrowed? Erm .. nope
92. Dated someone more than once? No
93. Had/Have a dog? Had a dog most of my life till I moved into my own place
96. Been in a band? Nope
97. Drank 25 sodas in a day? lmao nope … but I could be up for the challenge!
98. Broken a CD? Yeah
99. Shot a gun? Yes … quite a few actually. I was a classified marksman and used to be a member of the rifle club too but thought it wasn't really the type of sport to keep up in my profession :o(
100. Wanted someone but could never have them? Sadly yes :o(
Wednesday, 1 August 2007
Your Score: Clark Gable
You scored 33% Tough, 9% Roguish, 9% Friendly, and 47% Charming!
You're a helluva guy, a real split personality and a bit of an enigma. On the one hand, you're a man's man, tough talking and ready for anything. But on the other hand, you soften your rough and tumble core with a disarmingly smooth exterior, and you make the ladies swoon. You're equally admired by both men and women alike, drinking other men under the table all the while charming the socks off half a dozen lovelies. You're a commanding presence, and you know how to get what - and who - you want when you want it. You're drawn to women who, like you, are savvy enough to deal with the world on their own terms. You work well with spitfires. Leading ladies include Joan Crawford, Myrna Loy, and Jean Harlow. No damsels in distress for you.
Find out what kind of classic dame you'd make by taking the Classic Dames Test.
hmmm ..... food for thought PMSL