Wednesday 20 August 2008

a wee update

Just been having a wee chat with some maties - trying to take my mind off things .... life .... whatever!

I must have been a right nasty bast*rd in a past life cause the past few years have been SHITE! Not to me personally but to those around me.

Got a call from my dad to tell me that my uncle had been involved in a head on car smash and had been trapped for over 2 hours before being airlifted to hospital. Now in intensive care on a life support machine :( Been on machines now for a week. He is stable but critical. Same ICU that my dad was in - now that is spooky!


My own "wee problem" has almost fully healed lol - no more wincing pain when I move about and the swelling is all but disappeared. I can tell ya ..... I would never want to go through that amount of discomfort again :) - what a woose I am :D

I did say that I would tell you all about it (no piccys though ... I aint wanting an X rated blog) - and my next post will do just that .... men .... warning .... you may wish to cross your legs and hold the jewels tight ... it's eye watering stuff!

On a lighter note ... mum and dad got themselves a new puppy. He is gorgeous! A cute little black and white fluff ball border collie. I will upload a piccy or two of him soon.

Also ... went to a family BBQ 2 weeks ago and was told that I am gonna be an uncle ... yeah! An official uncle (I have a few unofficial nephews and neices!) - kid is gonna be spoiled. The "bump" ... there aint much of one but sis in law likes to think there is (3 months) .. has a nickname. Yes, my bro and his wife have nicknamed the bump. The 3 month scan looked so much like a baked bean they have called it Heinz. Thankfully not to be called that after it's born :o)

well .... just a quickie ... I will get round all the blogs that I love reading and visiting - kinda missing the stories, posts, pics and gossip!

Luv you all

XXXxxxXXX

3 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

They are calling the bump after a bloody german? god dam it, they should of called it haggis or ging or caber BUT A BLOODY GERMAN?

Sorry to hear about your uncle :( how sad..

Do ya want me to come and massage ya bits that might be still a tad swollen? LOL

Nice to hear mr and mrs McTavish have a puppy...... how sweet.....

You come back soon, ya hear.......

HUGSSSSSSSSSSS

x

His Girl Friday said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle....the news made me hold my breath a bit, as I was just in a head-on car smash as well. Luckily, I have moderate injuries and home from hospital. It's so strange how things work out some time. (you can see my smashed truck on my blog August 30th post, I think)

except for your uncle, I had a good laugh with the rest of your post! Good to hear you're feeling better....and won't be needing a nurse! ;D

MarmiteToasty said...

Ok...... I know I would dearly love to see Scotland, its on me list of wannados.... BUT dont make me have to don a ginger wig so I can mingle with the locals and drive up and hunt you down..... DONT MAKE ME BLOODY worry about you, like I aint got enough to do......

Hope all is ok and that ya nuts aint fallen off....

love to you and McTavish......

x