Saturday 5 May 2007

DIY - SOS

The paint was bought, rollers and brushes at the ready, dust-sheets on the floor .... and I couldn't be bothered going any further!

I had been thinking about re-decorating the lounge in my flat for a wee while now and last week decided that if I didn't make a start I wasn't going to actually decorate at all and the decorating items mentioned would all end up on the tardis that is my understair cupboard!

I opened the paint and started splashing it on the wall, got distracted and sat down in front of the TV - I didn't actually make it back to the painting and left it at that. Why the bloody hell did I start it?????? I aint the type of guy who likes decorating, I don't have the patience for it.

One week on and my flat looks like a bomb has hit it. I have boxes in the hallway, the kitchen is a right state, all the furniture is in the middle of the lounge floor, the upstairs is a tip with boxes and bags covering the spare-room and my study floor and my bedroom ... there aint a tidy sopt in the whole house.

I have a long weekend because of a school holiday on Monday and instead of relaxing ... I am in painting clothes and YES ... you've guessed it .... I am stalling by typing this blog entry ... I just can't be bothered!! HELP!!!!!!!

It's a moments like this that I would welcome Claire Sweeney and the 60 minute Make-Over team to come swirling through the front door and make this mess a palace :o) ... Fat effin chance of that happening!

Right ... better get the bloody work done and no doubt I will be back soon enough when I am bored again :o)

1 comment:

1st Lady said...

Hello,

Saw your link on Scottish Blogs and thought I'd drop in by.

I can sympathize with the painting, I too have lost steam half way through a project and left said project in a state of disarry whilst paitently waiting for the energy and enthusiasm to return.

My steam is usually lost half way through the painting mind.

I remember reading something about sticking a brush into a ziplok bag if you are stopping for a few hours, saves you cleaning. Bit late now as I'm sure you have either painted yourself to the wall or finished.

Nice blog!