Sunday 10 June 2007

The Holidays are Coming


Well .... 17 days and the long awaited summer holidays will be here. 12 noon on Wednesday 27th, the final school bell rings, mass exodus of pupils and the staff are off to the pub for a lunch and drink to celebrate the fact that we have survived another year of the little darlings trying every trick in the book to get us to crack!

6 weeks of bliss!! Well, I say 6 weeks, but I usually spend the first week of the holidays in the bloody school getting sorted and clearing the desk and in tray and then come back during the last week to get ready and prepared for the start of the new term - so not really 6 weeks of holidays I suppose - well that's how I qualify it to friends and family anyways!! LOL

Not sure what I am going to do this year. I want to get myself down to Wales and visit my cousin Elly and her gorgeous family and out to Paris to see my cousin and her beautiful baby daughter cause I haven't seen her in ages.

My close friend Cazza and her man Drew have a dive school in Cyprus and I really want to get out there and do my open water PADI course too. My last email from Cazza was asking when I am coming out to see her - perhaps this is the perfect opportunity. She and Drew have the Turtle Bay Divers school in a place called Kyrenia in Northern Cyprus. They are based at the Hotel Sempati, a local family run business offering price cut deals for holiday makers.


I have always wanted to go diving in the warm waters seeing all the gorgeous sealife and Cazza was telling me that last year that they were seeing turtles on every one of her dives in the warm seas - I would be so gobsmacked that I'd probably be forgetting to breath and end up being rescued PMSL.

I also have the dreaded decorating to be completed. After a few weeks of painting or attempting to paint I have decided that I don't like it and the whole lot needs to come off and I need to start again! I am a bit fussy when it comes to decorating ha ha ha. I have decided that a complete overhaul with new carpets, furnature etc is needed - now considering that painting alone took 2 weeks .... this will probably be completed in June 2010 :o) I also want a wooden floor layed in the hallway, new tiled floor for the kitchen and my bathroom floor needs to be re-grouted. I think I should bite the bullet and get in the professionals.

Who said that summer holidays were relaxing? HUH!!!

A holiday doesn't really seem right unless I have been to an airport and off somewhere on a plane to the heat and sun. For a wee white Scottish lad, I really like the sun and heat and a sandy beach! None of this pebble cr*p - must be sand and even better if lined with palm trees and turquoise seas :o) not that I am asking for much.

It is a bit tricky though. The friends I go on holidays with don't have the luxury of 6 weeks holidays and the ability to have a case packed and head off whenever, and this is a pain at times. I aint the type of person to jet off for 2 weeks in Barbados on my own - wee jimmy nae pals - I'd rather have the company of mates and have a laugh for a fortnight. SO .... not really sure what I am going to do hahaha .. I could have said that half an hour ago and saved all this typing and your reading :-)

Okay ... enough for now but I am sure I will be back today ... I have a Big Brother rant to get out ... but I'll save it for now

No comments: