Sunday 24 June 2007

What a day :o)

I was picked up by 3 friends at 11.30am and off we set for Glasgow! We were on a mission to "pop" my friend Karen's Ikea cherry. Unbelievably she had never set foot in an Ikea store. Mission accepted ... and off we set.

Travelling towards Glasgow we were met with a sea of red brake lights on the dual carriageway ahead. I had the bright idea of taking the slip road to our left and bypassing the trouble on the road. That would have been a great idea had I not suddenly realised that the slip road was not the one I thought it was .... and so began the magical mystery tour!

We did arrive at Braehead in Glasgow .... only an hour behind schedule .. but safe and sound ... although the driver was a little frazzled by this point.

We went straight for the food hall in Braehead Shopping Centre. For those not in the know ... Braehead is a huge shopping mall filled with stores of all description ... here's a wee piccy to let you see what I mean ...



After lunch and a couple of hours shopping we set off for the big blue store .. Ikea. We walked round the place for quite some time. I am a big kid in these places and I have to "test" al of the chairs, beanbags, sofas and beds for comfort. This done and our purchases paid for it was back to the car. Parking in the first spotted space when we arrived seemed like a good idea in the sun. Now in the rain and having to walk halfway to Stirling (a slight exaggeration) to find the space didn't bring the same thoughts to my mind.

Tam (the driver for this mission) decided that he wouldn't ask for directions and he took us home! Well I say home .... but via the whole of the centre of Glasgow, the Gorbals etc etc .. you name it ... we were passed or through it. It did give us the chance to see parts of the city we hadn't seen before.

I thought we needed a wee break and refreshment so I phoned ahead to my favourite Italian restaurant and booked us in for 7.30pm. Now you can tell from this time check that we had been on the go for quite some time!

Meal finished, Karen's Ikea cherry had, smiles and laughter all the way .... what a way to spend a relaxing Sunday PMSL

2 comments:

Miss Scarlet said...

I love IKEA!

Scots said...

Miss S xx
I buy a whole load of cr*p from IKEA - I could re-stock any bar with the amount of glasses I have bought ... still boxed in a cupboard .. well ... there is a limit to the number of wine glasses I can have on the go at one time :o) PMSL