Monday 14 July 2008

Back

My oh my ... it's been a long time ... but here I am back in blog world.

I have been catching up on blogs this morning. I can't actually believe that I am up so early in the morning at the start of week 3 of my holidays .... but I was woken up at 08:10 by the practice manager of a surgery that I am visiting next week and now can't get back to sleep! I am lazily typing this as I lie here in bed hahaha

I finally plucked the courage to have a wee problem fixed. Had I realised that it would mean me going for private healthcare and travelling to London for surgery ... I may have decided not to bother.

We do have a fabulous NHS service in this country - despite some flaws - but after deciding that I needed to get this done, I didn't want to wait for a consultant appointment and then wait a very long time for surgery appointment .... so Internet searching came into its own and off I went looking for the best surgeon I could find.

Now that the procedure is booked and flights paid for I am not looking forward to next Monday at all!

Men are typically not good dealing with medical things and because this is a problem of a "male only type" I don't relish the thought of a surgeons scalpel chopping away .. down below lol

My surgeon will meet with me to do an examination and consultation to discuss all the options open to me and then ... thankfully ... straight into theatre without the need to wait and worry and change my mind! Thankfully, it's not a long procedure and unlike the NHS, this guy is going to do the procedure under local anaesthetic rather than a general.

Am I looking forward to Monday? No!!!! Am I looking forward to the results? Well, after 2 weeks of bathing 3 times a day and pressure dressings and then a further 2 weeks of "light use" hahaha I wish there was even light duties at the moment lmao .. then yes I will be happier!

5 comments:

Pam said...

i hear many things good & bad about the NHS. i think it's good if you need some type of surgery, very crappy if you have a thyroid problem!

glad you decided to get your problem taken care of. i why do keep referring it to 'wee problem'? huh? huh? LMAO

well, you know i'll be thinking of you, and i know everything will go smoothly.

newplanet said...

So, this "wee problem" of yours - the mind boggles, it really does! But I am certain that if you've really considered it for a long time then gender realignmnet surgery is definitely for you. Afterwards, you're bound to feel like a new, uhm... woman.

No seriously, I am sure everything will go swimmingly. Good luck, mister and... it's great to have you back!

Scots said...

Well, well, well! Ciara, the NHS is fantastic but I wanted the op to happen at a time of my choosing (bit of a work-a-holic and I didn't want to take time off work ... and didn't really want to explain to colleagues why I was off) The only bad thing about going pvt is that for the cost of this op I could have been to my favourite hotel in Barbaods for a fortnight :-(

Newplanet ... hmmmm ... don't know how I'd cope with being a laydee ... I nearly killed myself coming down a flight of stairs in heels ... I won't go any further with that story hahaha Losing man bits for lady bits .. no thanks ;) lmao

If I call it a 'wee problem' then I can't be accused of boasting hahahahahaha

luv n hugs to ya both xx

MarmiteToasty said...

What? ya having 6 inches chopped off the end of ya willy? LMFAO..... (((Scottie)))) hope they dont slip and cut ya nuts off at the same time :) - seriously though... wish I was there to hold your........................................................ hand ;) lol

x

Scots said...

yeah marmie babes ... 6 inches getting lobbed off cause they thought 8 was enough to leave me with ;) lmao