Wednesday 16 July 2008

FINISHED

After tripping over packs of wooden flooring for months I thought it was about time that I lifted the carpet in my lounge and fitted the new floor.

On impulse, I bought a whole load of antique oak flooring over a year ago and nearly killed my poor car driving it back from Glasgow. I had originally gone to Glasgow for a bit of a wander round the shops and wasn't expecting to have 14 x 16kg packs filling up the car.

I started yesterday afternoon and have been on my hands and knees since. All finished now .. phew! I now have wallpaper to strip, skirting to fit and then wallpaper to hang. I was hoping to get away with painting the walls but they are such a mess that I can't without having them all re-skimmed and I really can't be bothered with that.

The plan is to have the walls stripped and ready for wallpapering by Saturday. I may be forced to call on my mum to do the wallpapering for me .. she's a bit of an expert at it and she'll do it in half the time that I will ;o) - and what are mums for? hahaha

3 comments:

Pam said...

ok, where are the pics? :)

newplanet said...

Check you, mister Handyman! How butch are you?!

So the new flooring sounds lovely! When's the new floor-warming party? Remember to say on the invitations that your living room is now a stilleto free zone!

Scots said...

ciara - as soon as the whole room is finished I'll post some pics ;) Still got some electric work and decorating to do. x

newplanet - butch, me? Why of course! hahaha

as soon as the floor warming party invitations come back from the printers I will send yours off in the post ... but as your comment says .. please don't wear those bleddy heels that you are so fond of ;) x