Monday 13 October 2008

Wind Turbines

I was having a read at some old posts and found this from April 2007. I was out passing this spot again yesterday on the way to Sunday Dinner and had to stop to take a piccy or two.



This spot is about 10 minutes drive from my place and I love the views. Well, there goes my hard exterior image lmao. Scots likes the views in the countryside hahaha. Anyway, there were a lot of cars parked up with their occupants either walking through the hills, looking at the views or fishing on the loch.



I will turn the camera round a bit and show you the 'gorgeous' view of the "hidden" turbines ......



... now call me a bit thick if you like but, I can see a few white, giant turbines sticking out of the beautiful backdrop of the Ochil Hills in Clackmannanshire. I was a little puzzled as I thought they were to be HIDDEN from view. If I drive for and hour and over 60 miles, I can see them from the other side of the hills in Perthshire - very hidden NOT.

Now, I become a bit of a hypocrit here because I do now think that turbines are magical looking structures, towering above everyone and everything, slowly turning in the wind. I just don't think they should be placed in area of local beauty and interest, spoiling the view for evermore.

3 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Wow, teletubbie land lol.... you sure live in a beautiful place scottie.... but then i suppose others say that about where I live.....

x

His Girl Friday said...

lovely piccy's.

I know about the wind turbines. I can see a whole forest of them on the hills acroos the valley. If you google images of Tehachapi Calif, you might see them. Here it's all desert, so the turbines add to the 'moonscape' sort of...but in Scotland, :((
that's a bummer for the landscape.

MarmiteToasty said...

WHERE ARE YOU? HAVE YOUR NUTS FELL OFF AND YOUR OFF LOOKING FOR THEM?

gawds sake.. you have a bloody blob to run and people out here waiting lol

x