Sunday 15 April 2007

A bit of 'wind'

I had a fantastic few days away to end the Easter school holidays and ... back to work tomorrow! Ah well ... only 10 weeks to the next holidays I suppose :o) LOL

I have been catching up with the local 'rag' (newspaper) and I now see that the gorgeous views around the Ochil Hills, which I sit right at the foot of, are to be changed forever with these great brutes ....



Thirteen of these turbines are to adorn the beautiful landscape, each standing over 100 metres tall. I am all for finding renewable energy sources to save the environment - BUT - not ruin it with these great eyesores.

I suppose I really have mixed views - Oh My God ...... am I turning into one of those NIMBY characters (Not In My Back Yard)??? I do think that in the right situation these turbines are kind of magestic and awe inspiring. Whilst on holiday in Egypt, there was a field full of turbines, the difference being, it was in the middle of the desert where no one lived and where only passing tourists in their coaches could see.

I never thought I would be such a "grumpy git" when it came to this village I live in .. maybe I like it more than I let on. But to spoil the beauty of the landscape which is used by so many tourists to this county - and there ain't that many reasons the tourists would come to this area, believe me! - is lunacy .... in my humble opinion anyways.

One last view of Ben Cleuch before it is covered in white towering windmills ..



jeezo ... a thought .... it could be marketed as the new telly tubby land :o)

No comments: