Sunday 15 March 2009

Back ......... again

Well ....... don't want to count the number of times I have said this .... but here I am again!

Have been super busy ... lots of family stuff been happening over the past couple of months.

The BEST news is my new baby nephew Calum. Super gorgeous little bundle of joy - well, I can say that because I don't have to put up with the screaming, constant feeding, burping, peeing and pooing ........ oh the joy of being an uncle - you can hand them back LOL

The bad news involves me old dad "McTavish". As if everything he has been through already wasn't enough, he got MORE bad news! The kind of bad news that involves amputation!

After all of the health issues he was sent back to hospital with a "toe infection". Now, to me that sounds pretty harmless ..... oh no .... can't be simple or harmless for me old pops .... the toe has to come off! Well, that was the best of the diagnosis. 'The best?' I hear you cry .. YES. The next bit of news was met with stunned silence, only the sound of jaws hitting the ground could be heard! Amputation of the LEG may be needed as there may be poor blood supply to be able to save his leg! The toe is now in the early stages of gangrene and we are awaiting the results of the latest scan to find out if it's a toe for the chop or a leg.

So, when I say that things have been kinda hectic and intense, you now know - it's been a laugh or cry situation .. the more laughs the better - drowns out the bad!

3 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh dam and bugger...... poor McTavish :( give him a huge big hug from me will ya and tell him in case its the worst case and the leg has to go, well, Ive already got me sewing machine out and Im making him a pirate costume complete with hand carved from an old fence post, wooden leg.....

Seriously though..... big hugs to him and hope its just the toe, it will be one less toenail to chew....

glad your back, Ive popped over every few days to check on ya..... you have been missed and glad ya liked the little video LMFAO

x

Pam said...

(((((scots))))))))i'm so sorry...crossing everything i can that it's only the toe. big hugs to you all..i'll be thinking about everyone xo

His Girl Friday said...

Well, I've missed the party here...

I'm glad the 'bundle of joy' was followed with 'nephew'...I had a moment of shock at thinking why this was the reason why you were gone.... ;D

best wishes for your dad! (I have a fake parrot to send, to go with Marmie's wooden leg!! ;D)