Tuesday 17 March 2009

The Bells ...

... wedding ones .... and jeezo - deffo not mine!

A right guid Scottish 'shin-dig' was had at the tail end of last year when my best friend of many years was getting married to another good friend of mine.

Vicki and Tam, friends for years, decided ... at last ... to tie the knot and become 'official' lol



The night before, we were all out at the hotel setting up table decorations, place settings and helium balloons hahaha ... oh the joys of helium never fade!

I was tasked with the job of usher and was given a reading to do at the church - being a teacher and used to public speaking does have some disadvantages - everyone thinks you won't mind making speeches and readings. Ah well, it was for great friends, so all was well. A cheeky slug or two from the hip flask certainly helped to settle any nerves lol

The day of the wedding arrived and I got kitted out in the kilt ... and being a true Scotsman, there was no need for any undies!! It also has the advantage of having one less item of clothing to take off at night when you've been drinking alcohol all day and night and maybe be a little worse for wear.



The bride was piped into the church by a school friend and great guy with the bagpipes. Highland Cathedral - god I love that tune!

The deed done and the happy couple now officially Mr & Mrs, it was off to the hotel for the knees up and meal.

There was a good bit of hanging around for the official photos to be taken which just meant a great deal of drinking time lol One of the bridesmaids stole my hip flask from my sporran and had a good drink ... bloody cheek!

After all 200 dinner guests took their seats in the hotel dining room, the happy couple posed for photos and cut the cake!



The meal was beautiful and so was the wine and champagne lol

It was back to the bar after the meal to allow the disco to set up for the nights entertainment. I have no idea how much I had been drinking but by the time another 200 evening guests had arrived and the disco and ceilidh music had started, I was well oiled. I must have been a little under the influence because I managed to get hauled onto the dance floor by the bride - not something that I usually do lol



As a guest at the hotel, with my room booked, I was able to take advantage of an all night bar hahaha ... myself, one of the bridesmaids, the bride and groom and a couple of the guests had a couple of nightcaps before heading to bed (not all together lmao)

A FABULOUS wedding for 2 FABBY friends!

3 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh my, dont you all look beautiful, and ya know the reason the bridesmaid stole ya hip flask? it was not for the wee dram but for the wee fiddle she had in ya sporan :) was there a hole in the back LMFAO....

Looks like a fab do... and congrats to your maties... next its you me laddie ;).... and goodness, no undies, how I love that lmfao

x

MarmiteToasty said...

ps..... does the bloke standing next to you in the group photo have stick on eyebrows LMFAO

x

His Girl Friday said...

hey, good lookin'! I luv a mon in a kilt!!

...What's that hen doin' in yer sporran??? ;D


I was piped in at my wedding, ah, memories..... :)