Saturday 2 February 2008

A Winter Wonderland .... well ... sort of

Oh the excitement .... as the weather forecaster woke me up with comments about blizzards, gale force winds, deep snow and travel chaos! My first thoughts were - will I be able to get from my wee backwards village, through the country roads and onto the motorway? Where did I file the emergency closure policy for the school, just incase we have to close? ha ha ha ... I have my priorities right.

Did I need to bother? You guessed it .... did I feck! I opened the blinds a crack - just enough to look out at the weather and not enough to give anyone a fright at seeing me starkers at the window ha ha ha ha!! NOT a sign of any snow activity at all.

I drove to school with no bother and did get a little excited as there was a small flurry of the elusive white stuff ... but then .... NOTHING!!!!!

The travel report kept cutting off Radio 1 and Chris Moyles, to tell me about closed roads due to drifting snow, travel chaos due to bad snow ..... where was it???? It certainly hadn't reached anywhere I was driving through.

At work the wind was bitingly (if that is not a word it should be) cold and blowing fiercely around the grounds whipping up dropped crisp packets .... oooohhhh wait till I get all the little cherubs at assesmbly - a captive audience - dropping litter is a wee bug bear of mine! mwahhahaha <<< evil laugh!!

I looked out my office window and noticed the large, fluffy white SNOWflakes falling to ground .... oooohhhh the excitement. I could hear some kids in the corridors talking about the "blizzard" outside, about sledging and snowmen. I went up to the window and my excitement levels dropped as it was melting on contact with the ground and it certainly wasn't going to be lying easily.

The drive home was no more unusual than normal, some high winds, but no sign of the white stuff that was supposedly going to cause widespread chaos across Central Scotland.

When I eventually went to bed last night there had been a little 'icing sugar' dusting of snow and there may have been the same again over night BUT none of the major snow that we were forecast!!

A disappointed, one year older, Scots!! :o(

4 comments:

His Girl Friday said...

hahaha, you sound like me when there's any weather that may come my way (except wind :/). It was raining (if you can call it that) the other day, and my hubby thought it strange that I was putting my coat on to go out for a walk. (I love the freshness of the air, and seeing the mist on the surrounding hills!).

ps. that wee bit at the end of your post,....tis yer birthday??!!
if so, then Happy Birthday!! :))x

Miss Scarlet said...

It's way too warm here right now. I wish we had snow here.

MarmiteToasty said...

DONT MAKE ME HAVE TO BLOODY COME TO SCOTLAND AND HUNT YOU DOWN.... get your arse back on here, so we can stop worrying about ya, ya bloody ginger scots git....

x

His Girl Friday said...

Hey, dude, I'm in with Marmie....
:)x