Sunday 24 February 2008

Feeling kinda grumpy, kinda down in the dumpy!

Oh how I hate this time of year with all the little darlings coming in bearing many many little bugs and viruses.

I have a bad cold now, which is leading to blocked sinuses .... I am the true "face ache" and to top it all off ..... I now have a throat infection too .... booo hooo!!!



Jeez .. my nose is like a shining beacon that can be seen at 500 paces and I have gone through 2 boxes of snot-rags (tissues) in the last 2 days ffs. I need to take shares in Kleenex, I think.

As if that wasn't enough for poor me to cope with ..... I broke a tooth on Thursday at lunch. I had just finished a lovely bowl of parsnip and pumpkin soup with crusty bread and butter and had decided to have a cheese and ham toasted sandwich to follow - BIG MISTAKE.

I was about to take my last bite of the sandwich when I felt a strange feeling at the back of my mouth. One tooth (a right big fecker) had partly broken off at gum level. The space left was VERY sensitive to heat and cold - the weather was rotten and taking a breath of cold air nearly made me turn the air blue LOL.

A phonecall to my dentist and an emergency appointment was made for the following morning at 9.20am. When I got to the surgery on Friday morning I wasmet by a sea of people all in similar situations to myself. This was going to be a long wait!

I finally got taken through to "the chair" at 10.20am and the lovely dentist had the tooth built back up and had me on my way within 30 minutes. I only missed half a day at work .... shame :o) hahahaha.



So, face-ache blocked sinuses on the left and frozen mouth on the right .... I was a complete picture of "happiness" :o) ..... NOT.

Hopefully this coming week will NOT bring quite as much hassle in my direction and hopefully this cold and grotty feeling will soon disappear.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scots said...

Whilst I thank the many BRAND NEW bloggers who only started blogging in February, for their warnings of various bugs, viruses and spyware - I am rather surprised that the site that automatically opens when you attempt to see their blogs, and the site they attempt to get people to visit is RED BOXED by my antivirus programme because it contains SPYWARE, VIRUSES AND ADWARE. Amazing that eh!

17 malicious programmes identified!

FUCK OFF and don't waste your time!!! ;o)

MarmiteToasty said...

Well dont you sound like a sicko lol......

And that will learn ya for being so greedy and having a toasted sarnie as well as soup lol...

I did that with one of my back teeth whilst munching on a lamb bone like a peasant.... it broke in half lol only I aing got a dentist so still it I am half toofless.....

I would send all those wee little scotch nippers home and tell them to stop snotting everywhere.... little bleeders....

Oh and me estrangled sister sent me a clipping from the newspaper up in bonnie ole scotland....

Ya need to check it out for me, its about getting woman to live on the western isles..... I know it probably means woman that are shaggable and will repopulate the islands but Im shaggable *just* but dont want no more kids at my age lol........ I quite fancy meself living in a little croft on a lonely island doing me craft stuff and raising haggis's to live off of..... go check it out for me scottie :) or get McTavish to do it for me :) Im serious..

x

His Girl Friday said...

Hi Scots,
hope yer feeling better!!
take yer vitamins, and get ye down to the healthfood store for some natural remedies!! :))
then just carry around that antiseptic handwash....wash wherever the little nippers touch, make them all stay 10ft coughing distance away....better yet, teach by remote view screen.... :p :))

...western isels, heh, Marmie....have always wanted to visit there, see the Callanish stones...would fancy a croft, raise some haggi, run about the isle on some imported icelandic ponies, tuck into some whisky by a warm peat fire...fits right in with my viking/celt roots!! ;DDDD
(wonder what Him Inside would say??!!)

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here