Saturday 24 March 2007

Cheering Up

I decided after a few weeks of worry I was gonna cheer myself up. Well the post that fell through the letterbox kinda put that thought on hold - the dreaded letter from my GP's surgery.

After reading the contents (NO I am not waiting for the all clear from the STD clinic)I burst out laughing and wondered if the doc knew what he was letting himself in for!!

The letter wants me to go to the surgery for a medical checkup. Now I am not a regular at the docs - you know the kind, using the waiting room as their social event of the week - I hate the place.



I am the kinda guy who will not go to the docs unless I am actually dying .... and even then I hate going. I don't like all the poking and proding (ooer missus) and the last time I was there with a STOMACH complaint ... he asked me to drop my trousers!!!!!! Not sure I trust a guy who thinks my stomach is below my waist line - although on the plus side ... if he didn't know I was ticklish . he does now :o)

Anyway ... he is asking all about my family medical issues ... oh how I rolled on the floor laughing - I made a list hee hee ... I hope he is ready and willing to clear his appointments to check all 24 items that have made it onto my list ... my dad has a lot to answer for ...

BUT ... who knows .. I may be willing to drop my trousers and boxys if there is a lovely looking doc replacing my old and wrinkly .... I'll keep you posted :o)

1 comment:

newplanet said...

Blimey. I feel quite privileged to be the one to, uhm... pop your comment cherry.

Anyway, being a self-diagnosed hypochondriac I go through phases where I'm at the doctor's twice a week.

And I'm pretty certain that he thinks it's because I enjoy having him order me to drop my drawers so he can check my testicular arrangements.

And for the record, it's really really not.

Most of the time.