Sunday 26 August 2007

Harley-Davidson



My little bro and his wife have both just passed their motorbike licences and have just taken delivery of a new Harley-Davidson to add to their collection of motor vehicles.

A few years ago his wife bought him a Vespa scooter for his 25th birthday. Now that he is 30 he's obviously outgrown the scooter (although why you need it when you have a 4x4 and a Porsche I don't know) and they have bought this motorbike.

Now, me and my ignorance!!! I though all Harleys were the type you see with the Hells Angels on sitting in the "legs out front" position. How stupid was I. I have looked up the bike and here it is ... the Harley Davidson Sportster Low 883



I am not a bike person so it means little to me! It is a gorgeous bike don't get me wrong, but I prefer the comfort of my car with the soft seats, music system, aircon, heaters etc etc and getting togged up in leathers to sweat my nuts off or driving in the pissing rain getting soaked, or driving and getting flies in my gob just aint my idea of fun!

3 comments:

Jen said...

My parents ride a motorcycle and love to go on long rides to the coast, etc. But I'm with you. I'll take my minivan anyday.

Pam said...

bugs in teeth, hence, the bandanas to cover the face. yeah, no thx on the bikes. i know bugs are spose to have protein, but i don't think so! lol

Pam said...

there's a lil something for u over at my place...come chk it out.