Saturday 22 September 2007

Days gone by ....

I was having a wee moment to myself (ooer missus) and got thinking to the olde sweeties that I used to love.

I remember taking my karate grading with another lad from the club when I must have been about 10 yrs old. I was kicking and punching away whenever they shouted a command and he was disqualified for chewing on one of these ......


I loved the thick chewy toffee/caramel stuff .... a great one for pulling out your teeth hahaha.... just not for eating during a grading exam pmsl ... poor chap :o)

Spangles were one of my favourites too until a fateful day ... when I returned from karate training (god ... there must be a link between karate and sweeties) .. and I was sucking on a spangle, when I choked and half swallowed one of the boiled sweets. I couldn't breathe, my dad lifted me upside-down and was slapping my back and my poor mum was frantic .... out popped the little b*gger and I didn't eat another one of these for a long time ... shame really, cause I really liked them!

These to were always in my "mix-up" bag from the sweetie shop ...



Good old flying saucers - kind of rice paper shapes filled with really sour sherbet ... and ....



strawberry mojo's! ... Great wee strawberry flavoured chews. There were many flavours but, strawberry were the best!

Can't forget these wee beauties .... always made your tongue black too .... infact ... the wee sweet shop used to be called "The Black Jack" if my memory serves me correctly lol



The Cabana bar was the top of the list - the dogs b*llocks! It was a chocolate bar filled with coconut and cherries with a thin layer of caramel under the chocolate coating. I had died and gone to heaven when I found these - well ... a little dramatic there, but you get my drift!

As a wee treat ...

The Caramac was a bit too sickly for me .... and god knows I have a sweet tooth! This one was only as a rare treat ... too many and you felt really sick! hahahaha

I loved eating sweeties and chocolates and you'd think I would be a 10 tonne lard-ass ... but NO ... thankfully I was blessed with a high metabolism and can basically eat what the feck I want with little consequence! Phew ... cause I couldn't give up my crisps, biscuits and Magnum ice-cream bars :o) pmsl

OOOOhhh ... just thought of another wee treat ...

Sherbet dip dabs .... I used to eat the lollipop and dip in my fingers :o) hahaha



Any other favourites?????

8 comments:

Pam said...

i look like a 10 tonne lard-ass lass lol and i RARELY eat sweets nowadays. i really dislike food...but damn it all to hell, we need it for survival lol

i will admit that european chocolate is far more superior to ours :)

Scots said...

I just love sweeties ... I could munch away on Haribo's all bloody day! Thank god my sis in law in a dentist :o)

Scots said...

I make a vow to STOP using the word "wee" .. ffs .... I was WEE obsessed in this post!

newplanet said...

Oh, I hate you and your high metabolism! Okay, not hate, just falling out of love. ;-) I am completely jealous of people who can eat Haribo all day and not suffer the consequences.

By the way, Starmix or Tangfastics?

Scots said...

Starmix .. just live the little jelly bears and the rings hahaha The tangy ones have my cheeks sucked right in ... far too sour to enjoy!

PS .... falling out of love?? awwww pmsl .. luv ya xxx :o)

MarmiteToasty said...

oh my Caramacs are just the bestest EVER...... lol and Flying Sauces we buy in our local papershop..... :)

And you so aint old enough to remember most of them sweeties :)

x

MarmiteToasty said...

and CIARA of course our chocolate is SUPERIOR to that doodle stuff LMFAO

x

Pam said...

ppl w very high metabolism SUCK lol

and yes, i know, mel...so send me more lol xoxo