Sunday 16 September 2007

no hotel and no expenses = bloody cheek!

I am off on my yearly crusade to 'the big smoke' - GLASGOW - on Wednesday of this week to the annual SETT exhibition and conference at the SECC. (boring teacher thing hahaha)

I have been going for the last goodness knows how many years and have usually been put up in a nice hotel in the city, had expenses paid and had a lovely evening meal (and drinks) at the Moat House. This year however, no such luxuries!!

I have booked myself into a few seminars and am expected to attend one which STARTS at 6.00pm!!! Well, with no slap up meal and drinks and with no hotel to rest my weary head, I think I may have to miss that seminar and be heading into town or heading home along the motorway.

Previous years have found myself and colleagues thoroughly enjoying the luxuries of being a "Masterclass" member and of being a "GLOW Mentor" - and rolling out of the Moat House at midnight, being taxi driven back to the hotel and then indulging in a few more liquid refreshments. Luckily I don't do breakfasts as I was never presentable at that ungodly hour!

So, Wednesday of this week I shall be fighting my way through the Glasgow traffic and heading for the Armadillo and after a good few hours of listening, walking and purchasing within the walls of the SECC, I may just be tempted into town before heading back throught the nose-to-tail traffic.

Why do I do it every year?

No comments: