Sunday 9 September 2007

a handful of my ripe juicy plums...

Well, after the slagging of my innocent previous title, I thought this would make a good follow-up! ... for you luck readers, I may even post a piccy of my ripe, juicy plums at the end of this post .......

As I have been neglecting the blog, I thought I would give a wee update ...

I have had a sh*tty couple of weeks. I have allowed myself to get bogged down in internal politics and more often then not, I am the one left to take the flak from the fall outs. This, coupled with the fact that I have a couple of issues that I don't want to deal with and my dad waiting for surgery ... well, forgive me as I am on a bit of a slippery slide downwards at the moment.

I have 2 weeks of holidays to look forward to in 3 weeks time and I think I will start to look for a wee getaway to sunnier climates to recharge the batteries. I have no idea where I want to go or what I want to be doing when I get there. Perhaps a beach holiday to relax rather than a more active holiday - who knows? My wee bro and his wife are off to Sicily next weekend ... that sounds pretty good to me!!

I went to my folks place on Friday after work and was having a catch-up chat with my dad. He had been to see his surgeon on Friday afternoon and has been told that he is scheduled for his long awaited operation in November. It is going to be a huge operation with 3 surgeons working on him. He has the aneurysm by his heart, the tear in his bowel, the stoma reversal and the large open wound to clear and close .... phew!

Anyway ... my plums!!! as it was a gorgeous day I went into the garden with him for a seat in the sun and to wait for my mum to get in from her work. As I was looking round the garden I noticed how laden the plum tree was with fruit - what a bloody cheek - he had been keeping that a secret. I love plums, cherries and grapes, all of which he grows in the garden. The grapes were not good this year, the cherries were eaten by the birds before I could get to them but the plums ... well ..... loads of the ripe juicy beggars ... just waiting for me to come along and pick them!

I came away having more than a good handful of juicy plums, most of which I have now scoffed and the remainder sitting in the fruit bowl, looking very inviting :o) lol

Here's a wee piccy of my plums ...



for those who are disappointed and were expecting something else - shame on you!!! Get your filthy mind out of the gutter!!! lmao ... If you want to see my other ripe and juicy plums ... let me know ;o) ha ha ha

9 comments:

Pam said...

if they're the size of YOUR plums are anything like those juicy fruit ones, i'm just a WEE bit scared lol and no, i don't want to see them lol

Scots said...

ha ha ha ... you have nothing to fear from the plums my dearest Ciara! They are unblemished, ripe and unbruised - perfect for the picking ;o) Marmy likes picking fruit, I wonder if I offered her the pick of my plums she would appear ....... hmmmm lmao

newplanet said...

Oh my god. I winced at the sight of those plums. They look like it'd hurt to kick them.

Scots said...

Kick them??? OMG .. you really are a nasty piece of work! You really can go OFF some people very quickly :o) hahahaha

Sorry buddy ... but kicking them aint one of the options ;o)

MarmiteToasty said...

Sorry to hear about your dad.... life aye?

I bet you cant fit more then one of your ripe juicy ready to burst plums in ones mouth at a time LOL..... :)

At least there is only one seed to spit out *ha

X

Scots said...

Hi Marm babes XXXXX missing ya!

I do think spitting is VERY un-ladylike :o) pmsl

MarmiteToasty said...

I agree, thats why I can gargle land of hope and glory with the 'seeds' LMFAO

X

Pam said...

scots&marm-you all are nasty w all this talk of spitting and gargling...to be on the safe side-no spitting or swallowing lol

Scots said...

no spitting and no swallowing .. jeez ... take all the fun away :o) hahaha