Thursday 5 July 2007

The Bank Manager

My mobile started ringing and vibrating this morning ... anon call on the screen. Now usually I won't answer and anon call ... can't stand mobile insurance calls etc, but this morning I did.

"Hello this is your favourite branch bank manager calling...." was the reply after my curious "hello". Who has their bank manager calling their mobiles at 11am in the morning with a welcome like that?

I love my bank manager .... there is a reason for that but I will wait with the details for the moment hahaha. She started the call with "... do you realise that your credit card blah blah blah.."

Turns out that I have a rather large one (ooer missus) balance that is! I haven't used the card for many a month / year ... infact I had, believe it or not, forgotten about it. There was a monthy balance being made to the c/card company from my current account and I just forgot all about it I suppose!

Well she wants me to come to a meeting and review my accounts. Oh what joy! She knows that I hate the review process and I have managed to fend off such requests for the last 3 years ha ha ha. Well I suppose it's time to bite the bullet and head off to the bank. There was a nice part to all of this ... I was asked what my favourite choccy biscuits were sso that we could enjoy a coffee and biscuit whilst going over my finances.

Don't get me wrong - my bank have looked after me well over the years of banking with them and the wine and mince pies at Christmas are great! I bet you are all wondering what bank I do business with eh! hahaha. Thankfully my bank manager aint nothing like this wee cartoon I saw on't t'internet ...



After making my appointment at 1.30pm next week she ended the call with, "perhaps you could come through at 12.30pm and take me to lunch first?" .. hahaha ... I laughed and replied that I knew there had been an ulterior motive and she's abviously noticed my healthy balance! LOL I am looking forward to my bank account review this time lol.

I also realised that the morgage rates are probably going to rise again this week! I have just finished a fixed rate deal and have moved to variable rate ..... and I don't like the look of the growing interest rates! I have another appointment to see if my bank can beat the rate I am on and give me a good fixed rate deal. One good thing I read on my mortgage papers was the increase in value of my flat. In the past 5 years it has gone up in value by over £40k .... I may just sell after doing the decorating and make a nice tidy profit :o) ... who wouldn't like a view like this?????



anyway .. enough for now ... I need a nap :o) hahaha .. the holidays do strange things to my body clock!

PS - my auntie is my bank manager xxx

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love that your aunt is the bank manager. I thought it kind of strange that she was asking you to lunch! :)

Let me know if you decide to sell. That view is unbelievable. I thought it was beautiful where I live. I've always wanted to visit Ireland, but maybe Scotland is the way to go.

MarmiteToasty said...

LOL@your auntie......

I bet you bank with 'Scottish Widows' ??? do ya? aye? aye?

Dam, and I thought I was the only one in credit with me visa card LOL....... I only ever use it on line and then usually nip in the bank to pay it off......I DONT DO INTEREST lol...... found out I had paid in over 100 quid to much *ha.....

x