Thursday 19 July 2007

Order of the Phoenix



I admit to being a bit of a Harry Potter geek! When the first installment of the series was published my class of 8 yr olds asked me to read it to them. I was hooked as were the class. Ever since, each class has had to endure the story telling of the latest adventures of the boy wizard - not sure if it was they or I who had enjoyed it the most.

On Sunday I joined 2 friends and we took ourselves and our pre-booked luxury seat tickets (sad I know) to the cinema in Perth to see the latest film, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.



This is certainly the darkest of the films yet. Harry is being bothered by haunting visions and flash backs to his last encounter with the Dark Lord Voldermort (I ain't sacred to say his name ... he who must not be named ... huh!!! lol) The Ministry do not believe Harry or the Headmaster of Hogwarts, Dumbledore.

They send a new teacher of the Dark Arts to the school who teaches them nothing about defending themselves. Imelda Staunton plays the character of Dolores Umbridge perfectly! The fluffy (or not so fluffy) pink character takes control of Hogwarts from Dumbledore and starts her campaign of oppression.

With the lack of any real teaching of defence, Harry and the gang start "Dumbledore's Army" and decide to teach themselves how to defend against the feared Voldermort.

I won't go into any more of the details of this exciting episode ... but I would advise a viewing! In my opinion, the best of the films so far. Check out this to see trailers etc.

Midnight on Saturday, and I may have to roll into the nearest Waterstones ... or Asda if I want to save a few pennies to get the final book in the series, The Deathly Hallows". With Dumbldore now dead, what is going to happen to Harry? Is Snape really the bad guy? Will Draco Malfoy succeed in his task set by Voldermort? Is Harry going to survive? Who is going to be killed? ..... so many questions!

Well, I have been asked to go back to the cinema to see ... yes ... Harry Potter ... and could I say no ... not likely. Seats are book again, and Ciara ... you were right, that last hotdog didn't keep me quiet for too long! hahaha

4 comments:

Pam said...

my girls went and saw this movie w my ex's 1st x wife/x gf (confusing i know) while they were in vegas. they loved it! they asked me to guess who died. i said that it was dumbledore (not having seen the movie) but they said no it was sirius black. lol anyways, yes, saddo at going for a SECOND time, but i'm sure if someone asked my girls to go again, they would! lol
btw, since when do cinemas have premium seats? we must not be classy here in the states lmao ok, so if the two hot dogs didn't work, do they have nachos? maybe some popcorn? add that to the two hot dogs lol

btw...i've just been informed by the girls that dumbledore did not die, it was sirius black, and u do not know what ur watching lmao (they're 10 n 8)

Scots said...

erm ..... I know exactly what I am talking about lmao and I am 33! Dumbledore died in the book, The Half Blood Prince, which was the one before this one due on midnight on Friday!

I know that he wasn't killed in this film .... huh ... I did say I was a HP geek lol, I wouldn't make a mistake like that pmsl heehee

The cinema in Perth went through a bit of an upgrade and has bog-standard seats ... for the minions and luxury seats (larger seats with more leg room) for us posh folks hahaha.

I did have my usual munchies to help me through the 2 and a bit hours .. hotdog, box of krax snax(smokey bacon flavoured corn snacks) large pepsi and some pic'n'mix sweeties :o) not that I am a greedy pig or anything! LOL BUT ... it does take a lot to keep me quiet!

Pam said...

ohhhh ok, the book. well, that IS different lol cuz u know kids, if it's wrong, they're the first to tell you lmao. they haven't read all the books. only my oldest has read a few of them.

krax snax sounds unappetizing lol and lmao @ posh folk. are u the 6th spice girl? ha ha jk

Scots said...

I know kids only too well ... and they're very quick to point out any mistakes ... although I tell them that I was just testing to see is they were paying attention!!

I cannot bring myself to ask for a "large Krax" so I ask for 'snax' instead! lol I love them!!!

Posh ... and spice girls .. ha ha ha .. the two don't really go well together - I have more posh in my working class big toe than she has taken out to LA .. just wish I had more money lmao