Monday 9 July 2007

Name and Shame!



After a lovely day with friends in Aberdeen we headed out to Cadonas beach amusement park for a laugh .. I have been known to enjoy a wee rollercoaster or two! After pottering about we headed for the afore mentioned 'eatery'.

I was NOT impressed! After waiting ages for a member of waiting staff to come to our table, we didn't like to interrupt the conversation that 5 members were having ... yes FIVE staff having a chat and diners waiting to be served .. I could feel the blood starting to simmer LOL

Once served we witnessed other tables, like ours, who had decided to leave after waiting for over 10 minutes for some attention.

There were 9 members of staff having a laugh and chat in the bar area of the restaurant completely ignoring the customers and the constant ringing of the phone. The blood was now boiling and not simmering .... instead of waiting for the food I walked up to the bar, asked if anyone was working, and politely asked for the bill for the drinks we had had whilst waiting!

We left and advised the 2 families waiting that they would be better at another place if they wanted to eat Sunday dinner and not Monday breakfast!

with that little rant out of the way ... I can now enjoy reading my daily list of blogs and finish munching on my jelly babies.

Did you know that the Jelly Babies all have names? strawberry's name is 'Brilliant', lemon's is 'Bubbles', lime is called 'Boofuls', blackcurrant is 'Big Heart, orange's name is 'Bumper' and raspberry is called 'Baby Bonny'. Awwwwww

5 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Hey handsome :) lol....... sorry I aint been around, just as busy as a fly on poo :) - I see I have a lot of catching up to do.....

We have eaten in that Ben and Jerrys in Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, we waited and waited also whilst staff stood around chatting........ when the food eventually was ordered and came it was great...... but we wouldnt bovver with eating there again.......

How ya diddling now your scottish schools are off for the holidays? we still have over 2 weeks left LOL

I will try and catch up with ya blob this evening :).....

x

Dr.John said...

Their names were more than I ever wanted to know about Jelly Babies.

Pam said...

hmm jelly babies...r those anything like our gummy bears, gummy worms, gummy snakes (ok, not really snakes but i think u get where i'm going lol)

ok, one thing if the cooks are behind and that's the reason for slow service, but too much dawdling, i'd have caused a scene lol

Scots said...

ooohh .. no ciara ... Jelly Babies aint like gummy bears ... for those I love too. Haribo and jelly type sweets are a little passion of mine lol

Anonymous said...

I always make a complaint to the head or regional office. I detail time and place and any names I noticed and a copy of the reciept. Last time I did this( PUNCH Taverns ltd) I recieved vouchers to the tune of £30 which I used as a prize in a raffle to raise money for the local kids ward. I never feel that they should be let off scot free to do it again, Managers always get copies of the complaints and it screws up their figures, so they then kick arse as they themselves had had theirs kicked....BRILLIANT !!!!