Monday 9 April 2007

The Ghetto

I feel the need to RANT about the state of this village that I live in - Tillicoultry!



As you can see ... I do live in one of the most beautiful areas ... right at the foot of the Ochil Hills - the views from where I am sitting and typing this are amazing! BUT why oh why do the little drunken neds have to spoil the area and ruin and vandalise property??

We have a problem here .. and probably have had for a wee while I suppose. I moved here 9 years ago from quaint Crieff and knew there would be a cultural change (hahaha ... snob in me speaking now) because my car insurance shot through the roof when I told them of my change of address! Now if that wasn't a warning of what was to come ... I dunno what was.

Over the past 2 or 3 years this place has gone to the dogs and is commonly known amongst my friends and select neighbours as "the ghetto".



Gang fights, drugs dealers, murders, gangs of neds causing fear and terror amongst the elderly community - all this in a village of about 5000!!! .... something needs to be done! I seem to be right in the middle of all this "fun". A neighbour was chatting the other day and we both mentioned selling up and moving - but who in their right mind is gonna want to buy property in an area like this? If I sell it with the views above .. it would be snapped up ... but as soon as they visit .. OMG ... that's a different story.

Last week 3 little chavvy neds (about 17yo, 15yo and 13yo repectively) started to taunt and annoy a visitor (about 17yo) to his grandparents. The scrawny neds had a couple of chavettes with them ... OMG .. what a state!

Anyway ... the three set upon this one lad. His grandad came out and chased two of them off whilst the other one, chibbed on by his chavette entourage, kept taunting the lad. He took a pot shot but the grandson got the better of him and he soon realised that without his mates he was nothing and (I am against all forms of violence) he was pounded into the ground. His mates came running back with a length of pipe and a block of wood ... but they were chased off again and the chavettes were horrified that their idol was beaten and walked off laughing .... oh how fickle!

I later heard that the three had set upon the grandad later the same day. He has bruised ribs and broken teeth ... this fecking annoys the feck outta me! This report is from the next village to me. These little sh*ts are running around, drinking and getting high on whatever is in fashion at the moment, and fu*k all is really being done about it! It's okay for Mr Policeman to ask what are the parents doing about it ..... what is he doing about it?? Why were these little reprobates not frog marched back to their parents, in their drunken and abusive state ?? Because the majority of these parents would have told the officers where to go! If I had dared to come home drunk at 12 yrs old .... I wouldn't have been able to sit for a week .. never mind do anything else. I don't advocate physical violence at all BUT ... some parents need to take control and responsibility for their kids!

I don't know what is going to happen to this gorgeous Hillfoots village ... but I really don't intend staying around much longer to find out!



End of rant :o)

2 comments:

newplanet said...

Bloody hell! Your spleen must be completely vented! Hurrah, that's what blogging is all about!

Scots said...

I had an urge to vent!! hahaha Little basta*ds think they can get away with anything ... sh*t ... you've got me going again :o)

I do have to report, that since the said incident ... no wee chavvy neds hanging around ... yeah!!