Sunday 29 April 2007

Whatever Next?????

Well, technical problems over, thought I had better touch base with the blog and bring myself up-to-date!

It hasn't been an easy couple of weeks - back to work for a start after two glorious weeks of sunshine and heat. My bloody office was 26.5 degrees last Monday! Now that wasn't the best start and I had a service manangers visit too! Lots of crap over the Easter Holidays and it all hit the fan when school started and we've been clearing up the pieces ever since.

The ongoing saga of my poor dad continues! He was supposed to be getting out of hospital 2 weeks ago but there was a further complication and he was straight back to the ward. He had an infection and was sent to the high dependency unit AGAIN and now ... after being in hospital for 9 weeks he has MRSA and is back in isolation! One good thing that has come of all this ..... my dad's side of the family have started talking again. There was a rift in the family and some of his sisters and brothers stopped talking to each other some time ago. This, and the sad death of his younger sister seem to have the 'clan' chatting again!

It hasn't been all gloom and doom though ....

I was visiting my Godson .. he is 7 years old now and a gorgeous, kind, loving wee star! I met him and his mum when I was doing a bit of shopping and he asked when I was coming to visit - we arranged a time and he had apparently been bugging his mum, "How many sleeps?" for the full week till I arrived hahaha I love that!! I only have 6 more sleeps till the next weekend :o) LMAO

I was invited to my previous school to see their musical performance of The Pied Piper of Hamlyn. For a group of primary school kids, their performance was excellent and very professional! The main cast members and singers kept the packed audience enthralled, I was sitting, foot tapping to the music and huge smile on my face at their performance - A huge pat on the back for them and the teachers involved. I was so proud of all the kids and still miss them all. It has almost been a year since I moved to my new post in another local authroity but you can't work in a school for nine years and not become attached to the pupils, teachers, staff and families - it was GREAT to meet them all again.

Right I am waffling a load of guff now and this has turned out to be a bit of a boring post so I shall stop! I may be back later today with more rantings of looney as I am supposed to be painting and decorating downstairs but really can't be bothered with it now that I have started!

No comments: